On July 27 Skylimit Events organizes a track day on the most legendary circuit of the world: the Nürburgring Nordschleife. The best way to get to know the 20 kilometer track with 73 turns and 300 meters height difference, is on a track day.
|Time schedule & Price||Members||Non-members|
|Administration open (Nordschleife entrance)||from 7 am|
|Full day||8:00 - 14:30||€610,00||€630,00|
|Membership (1 year)||€40,00|
Slick tires are allowed. Street cars and race cars are allowed on track.
Please mind the current noise limit for the Nordschleife: 128dB
Helmets are required.
|noise limit||128 db|
About the track
The Nürburgring-Nordschleife is the world’s most famous track. This 20.8 kilometers long asphalt strip in the Eifel Mountains has a height difference of a good 300 meters. A few laps around this track does not suffice to learn its turns. You always treat this track with the proper respect; this old school racetrack does not have many run-off areas. It opened in 1927 with many historic races driven by Auto Unions, Mercedeses and Alfa Romeos in the 30s, Nuvolari, Carracciola and Rosenmeyer being some of the biggest names. After the Second World War, the Nordschleife was a fixed item on the Formula1 Championship calendar, bearing winners such as Ascari, Fangio, Surtees, Clark, Stewart and Ickx. After the F1 era, the fastest cars were the Group C cars, with Stefan Bellof still holding the lap record. Each year, the 24 Hours of the Nordschleife are one of the track’s highlights, beside the DTM, Trucks race and the 1,000 kilometers race.
At least once in his or her life, every true petrol head must have experienced this track, but beware! It is highly addictive!
Open for street and race cars, GT and Touring cars. (Also sportscars like Radicals are allowed.)
NOT allowed: Formula cars, convertibles without rollcage, SUV's.
- Helmet is always obligatory when on track.
- The free driving sessions are only open for drivers WITH experience. It is not allowed to rent your car to people without experience without an instructor.
- Yellow flag = DANGER! No passing, slow down and have respect for the officials and the other drivers on track.
Red flag = SESSION STOPPED! No passing, slow down and enter the pitlane.
- Each car needs to have light (in front and rear)! When the weather is bad, it can be obligatory to turn on the lights. If no lights available, you might not be allowed on track.
- TOW HOOK obligatory: If your car has no tow hook, it might not be allowed on track.
- PASSING: the slow car stays on the ideal racing line, the faster car passes next to the racing line. Passing can happen on left or right side.
- NOISE LIMIT ZOLDER: maximum 95 decibel. Your noise is measured 2 times per lap. If you break the limit you will get a black flag, you sign the paper and try to repair. After the second black flag for going over the noise limit the car may no longer drive that day!
- Windows have to be 75% closed when on track.
- The rental cars of Skylimit Events are insured. The own risk is 2500€ for the Clubsport BMW E90 and 1500€ for the BMW E36 school cars.
- Zolder: Trucks, busses with trailer can only enter the pitlane before 9 AM, between 12:00 and 13:00 and after 18:00.
- In Francorchamps the noise limit is 103 decibel.
- All damages after touching the guardrails, tirewalls, etc. will be billed to the driver.
- Trackdays are no competitions! They are only there to improve your drivers skills and to learn the track. There is no laptiming and we don't use these days to reach the maximum speed of the car.